- ½ cup apple cider vinegar (ACV)
- 1 tsp Povidone Iodine
- 1 tsp Borax (I use 20 Mule Team Borax found in the laundry aisle)
- ½ cup warm water
- 2 tsp extra light olive oil
- Plastic funnel
- Plastic applicator bottle for the ear solution
- A label and sharpie or pen
- A wash cloth or thin hand towel
- Pour ½ cup of warm water into the plastic applicator bottle.
- Add one teaspoon of Borax and shake the solution until the powder is completely dissolved.
- Add ½ cup of ACV. Blend by shaking solution.
- Add one teaspoon of povidone-iodine, and shake.
- Add oil. Shake again.
The ear cleaning solution is now ready to use. As the oil will not blend in with the mix you must shake well prior to each use.
In a healthy dog I recommend using this solution every time you bathe the dog and anytime the dog gets wet for any reason (out in the rain, swimming, etc)
To treat an ear infection see Ear Health Part III: Recognize and Treat Ear Infections in Dogs